Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unable to Translate alias in Macro-- "action tools - Error" & "Dynamic input tool"

Subhash_Pilla
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am using a macro to collect row count of specific with a where clause records,  Using a gallery connection

Case 1: I am getting error - Unable to translate alias 

when i use a input tool with interface action tool to update the table name and update the where clause parameter by using replace string. Its throwing me an unable to translate alias

Case 2: Working with Dynamic input tool

when i use a dynamic input tool and pass the table name & Where clause parameter as input macro parameters. And used sql update clause instead of replace string. its working in this way nothing has been changed. Added scree shots for the same

Thanks for your support,

regards Subhash 

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Subhash_Pilla ,

without seeing your data I'm going to make an assumption and say the alias is not failing for the name of the table you are overwriting but for the alias you are using in the connection string for "aka:dummy".

Can you confirm this is working when you simply try to connect and only give the error when you are dynamically overwriting elements of the SQL clause?

M.

Bulien

Labels