Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to Open Archive For Zipping- Multiple Sheets Different Files

dkashmo
5 - Atom

I have a data set that I want to breakout based on a column into different Excel files.  In my example it will be over 100 Excel files.  I am able to add them as new tabs to the same file but when I try and have the sent to a new stand alone file I get the error:  Unable to Open Archive For Zipping

I only get output for the first Excel file and then the error message.

I have this formula created for the File Name:

"\C\TEST\" + [COLUMN NAME] + ".xlsx|Sheet1"

Capture.PNG

I am sure I am missing something small but I cannot figure out what it is.

5 REPLIES 5
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dkashmo

During my tests everything looks good except the file location you are writing too.

Alteryx will not create a folder if it does not exist. So if you can make sure you have a TEST folder and correct file path for 'C' this should work.

I would suggest testing with this first: "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\"+[ColumnName]+".xlsx|Sheet1"

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

suli
9 - Comet

Hi @dkashmo,

Do your column values (which get transformed into file name) have some spaces or special characters? As far as I remember spaces in the file path may cause some trouble. You can also try to add Sheet name with $ at the end and in this special quota `` (before 1 on the keyboard, under tilde).

If you need to dynamically create folders - this is possible with command line tool.

Hope this helps. If not you could also try to attach screenshot of the error message?

Good luck!

dkashmo
5 - Atom

Turns out my data had character returns in the column for some of the data results.  Did not see it when I filtered the data but showed up when I starting looking individually at each record.

I removed the character return from the data and it worked without any errors.

Thanks for the help.

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Dear All,

I have the similar issue and I am able to create different files but I also want to create the different sheet in each file.

For Example I have data set contains 10 different company  codes and each company codes have 2 Different GL account details 

in the above  I am able to breakdown company code wise but finding it difficult to create different sheets within each file.

Kindly suggest which anchor may help me to get the result.

Oliver_Sayers
5 - Atom

Create a formula called 'File Location' and add the following formula (you need to have the company code and the GL account details in two separate columns in the data set)

'C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Desktop\'+[Company  Code]+'.xlsx|||'+[GL account details]

Edit the output tool to take file / table name from field and change the entire file path to be 'File Location'

Labels