Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to Launch Alteryx - Entry Point Not Found

Bilbottom
7 - Meteor

I've been using Designer 2021.1 and 2021.2 (and some of the 2020.* versions) on a Windows machine without issues for almost a year. We've recently got an Alteryx Server up and running, but when I tried publishing some workflows, I got errors indicating that my version of Designer was later than the Alteryx Server version, and the workflows would not run at all on Server.

I uninstalled my Designer without issues, then installed the 2020.4 version. The installation worked fine right until the end where I got the following error:

AlteryxError.png

After closing this error, the installer window reported that the installation had worked successfully, but I cannot launch Designer at all. The Designer .exe file is in the C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin directory, but running it does nothing.

I uninstalled the 2020.4 version without issues and re-installed the 2021.1 version, but that produced the same error and running the executable does not launch the application.

Is there anything else I should try doing to get Designer to work? I've never had this issue when upgrading versions, only now when I tried to install an earlier version.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Bilbottom 

One thing you can try is installing the older version in a different subdirectory "c:\program files\Alteyx_2020".  This might give you a clean install.  If the problem still occurs, you should reach out to support@alteryx.com.

Dan

Bilbottom
7 - Meteor

Thanks danilang, I ended up deleting my C:\Programs\Alteryx directory (and the Alteryx ones in AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming) after uninstalling again, and reinstalling after that worked fine. Appreciate the help

Labels