Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to Extract data based on User input as dynamic filter

srikant96
9 - Comet

This does not to what i wanted to be done . My end goal is to accept two such inputs and just compare results . But this simple test is failing 

I thought I am doing everything right. But this is driving me nuts . 

Steps 

1. My input excel file has few records and several columns 

2. First Column is called PART NUMBER 

3. Accept User Input as filter value - works fine . i am able to enter a PART NUMBER 

2. Update value - no idea what its doing . I put a check mark Replace a specific string "XXX". This is the most confusing step that I am struggling to understand 

3. I was hoping when I enter the part number ( which exists in that input file ) it will produce results matching that entry and spit out a file 

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hi @srikant96, do you mind posting a zipped workflow?

srikant96
9 - Comet

I am accepting two inputs for users . compare results and produce output 

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Rather than a 7z file, do you mind saving it like below and attaching the yxzp file?

Help1.PNG

srikant96
9 - Comet

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Okay. Try configuring the action tool for the second part like below and see if this solves the issue.

Help1.PNG

srikant96
9 - Comet

Finally I was able to get this working by following these steps 

1. Do not type manually replacement string in ACTION 

2. Action - this the most problematic step

3. Click filter ( Action )

4. click Expression 

5. Click 'Replace a specific String'

6. The value that shows in the 'Expression - Value '[PARENT] = 'XXX' shows up automatically 

7. in the step number 6 , if you type manually anything the system will fail ( my experience )

Best 

Labels