Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to Connect to Microsoft SQL Database Error 42000

carltonp
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

I am a real newbie to Alteryx, I primarily work with Databricks. I'm experimenting with Alteryx, and so far I'm loving it.

At the moment, I am getting the following error when I use the Output tool to connect to Microsoft SQL Database

carltonp_0-1662498384149.png

Can someone let me know how to go about fixing this error please?

3 REPLIES 3
nityavid
5 - Atom

Check that you can ping the SQL Server box Make sure you are able to ping the physical server where SQL Server is installed from the client machine. If not, you can try to connect to the SQL Server using an IP Address (for default instance) or IP Address\Instance Name for a named instance.

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @carltonp 

I've just been playing around with something similar for a client, and had managed to get the same error message. In my case it appears to be down to having preselected a default database that the server didn't like (we have multiple environments, dev, uat etc) and when i switched the connection from one to the other but kept the default database i got this message.

I fixed it by recreating the connection from scratch, could you try that and see if it works?

Tienie
5 - Atom

This solution really work. Leave default database blank and happiness!

Labels