Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Unability to load non-english unicode letters to Teradata

JanKudrnac
5 - Atom

Hello,

I would like to report a bug.

First of all I have to admit, that in my company we are still using 2019.4 version of Designer and Server. Please let me know if my issue has been solved already in more recent releases. Anyway thank you very much for reading this text!

The problem is that I cannot load the data including unicode characters like 'čřšěöÇŞĞ' to my Teradata database. I tryed both Data Output Tooll and in-database approach. Always resulted in issue 'The string contains untranlatable character' (I attach an image).

If I set the data type in alteryx to be V_String I am loosing those letters. I managed to do workaround in creating SQL Insert statement in Alteryx, copying it out and runing it in Teradata Viewer on my machine. Using this approach there was no issue and all the data has been loaded included those non-english letters. I used the same machine, same ODBC driver (version 16.20) and the same teradata target table correctly set to support unicode coding. Thus I am sure there is no problem with driver or Teradata table and I see the bug muset be in Alteryx Designer.

Thank you very much for any kind of answer or help!

Greetings,

Jan

1 REPLY 1
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JanKudrnac have you tried using the Teradata Output connector that we have on gallery.alteryx.com:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/TeradataOutput/5f00cb428a933718f4b79e70

Labels