Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

UTFDataFormatException error on scheduling workflow packager but runs successfully

vkarthik21
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that makes use of a macro. I created a workflow package (i.e. yxzp file) and then scheduled it on the server. It is failing with the following error -

Error: Designer x64: ParseError: An exception occurred! Type:UTFDataFormatException, Message:invalid byte 2 (Q) of a 2-byte sequence. at line 1 and column 1
while processing "\\alteryx-server\F\xxxx.yxzp"

When I run the workflow in the Alteryx Designer it executes without any error. I am not sure which Line and column it is referring to either. Can someone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Inactive User
Not applicable

How come you are trying to schedule an export/zip? Have you tried scheduling just the workflow using UNC path? 

vkarthik21
8 - Asteroid

I did. It gave me error that it was not able to find the 'macro'. So I bundled it and tried to schedule.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Are you publishing to gallery via your desktop or are you on the Windows Server? If you are on your desktop and the macro is local to your desktop, that would be an expected error. You need to move that macro to the Server then and your workflow needs to point to it from there (UNC path). 

vkarthik21
8 - Asteroid

I am doing it via Server. Both my workflow and the macro are on UNC path. I checked the 'Workflow Dependencies' and I see that the macro is having the full UNC path as well. I still get the 'Cannot find macro' error.

vkarthik21
8 - Asteroid

On the 'Workflow Dependencies' I have changed the setting to 'Absolute Paths' and this time it worked. Thanks for your help. I am curious though why is it that it failed to execute the workflow packager? Could it be the same reason that is the workflow not having the full path?

Labels