Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

'Tis the season to be spooky! Read our new blog, How Spooky is Your City? Mapping and Predicting Scary Stuff. In it, @SusanCS provides a fun glimpse into using data to figure out the creepy quotient of where you live! And don't forget to check out our Digital Costume Thread to get yourself in the mood for a candy binge!

US CASS

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I have Alteryx Designer installed on AWS can I have US Business Insights data of around 200 GB downloaded from Internet onto a shared location and can my Alteryx Designer work with Insights data from Shared Server?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Location-Data-Knowledge-Base/Data-Products-101-Network-Installation...

This article will walk you through a network installation of the business insights data. Each machine that will be using the business insights data will need its own business insights license. 

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@zayadshaikh 

Yes, but you'll need to prepare a network install first.

image.png

Once that process is complete, you'd then launch the installer (AlteryxDataInstall.exe) that's found in the location where the network install was placed in. That third radio button, which was inactive before, will now be select-able.

This option will only install configuration files to where the data can be found vs. having to install the 200GB of data in various machines. Downside to this data does now have to travel via IP so using it against a large amount of data could take significantly longer.

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

Labels