Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

UNC Shared Paths will not work in Alteryx Server for Sharepoint

Sasthana25
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

Few of the business people have reached out with a use case where they want to source the data from share point - I have been informed by my organization Alteryx support team that UNC Shared Paths will not work in Alteryx Server for Share point. I have few queries and would appreciate if the experts can guide me:

• I want to understand how data can be pulled from Share-point into Alteryx? What are the pre-requisites and steps to do so?
  • If the UNC shared paths wont work in Alteryx server for share-point what alternatives can I suggest to business? As once the workflow is ready in designer we will deploy it into production

Thanks in advance! looking forward to effective solutions. 

Cheers!
Swati

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Sasthana25,

The SharePoint Files Input Tool | Alteryx Help does not use UNC I believe, could this be an effective solution? 

Sasthana25
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Thanks for your swift response. 

I link is quite informative - very helpful.

My second query is more towards any challenges that might arise during the UAT or Production processes. Any information for that would be helpful. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

From looking at the docs SharePoint Files Input Tool | Alteryx Help the main issue will be that you will have to set up some form of Authentication that the server can use. I'm not sure on the best way to do this. 

Worst case scenario the docs I've linked has a section on creating your own connection to the SharePoint API. 

ELLobo
5 - Atom

@IraWatt 

Hey can you help me with SharePoint File Output tool? I can connect using list, but not the document piece, i get the error below

ELLobo_0-1656619696860.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ELLobo,

I'm not sure looking at that error. The SharePoint tool is supported by Alteryx so I would try submitting a case to Alteryx Support - Alteryx Community or starting a new discussion on this to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Labels