Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Twitter Search tool "Custom Search" Support

chvizda
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

could you please give me an example what the format in the "custom search" field must be. In my special case I want to search for tweets

to these accounts @xxxxxxxxx

until the date: 2017-05-21

or where max id = yyyyyyyyyyyyy

I search for all retweets to account @xxxxxx . With the standard search I get only the last 45k retweets (I think Twitter api limitation ). I think with the approach above I can catch all data for the last 7 days if I run the workflow several times and change the max id or the until date.

Many thanks

Steffen

2 REPLIES 2
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @chvizda

Taking at look at the inside of the twitter macro(right click on tool>>open macro) it seems the only custom query at the moment is q.

Looking at the configuration of the standard search it seems you would have to edit the custom text input part of the workflow to pass in the Name values of the additional searches you want to do.

Looking at the documentation these would be q, until & max_id. 

pic1.jpg

If you are unfamiliar with macros and interface tools, I would add your credentials from within the macro and take a look at the results at the end. Below shows where you can enter your credentials.

pic2.jpg

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

chvizda
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jordanB

thanks for your solution. I played with the custom search field in the app and found the right format of the commands:

to:@chvizda max_id:865562111967199232 until:2017-05-21

These can be written direct in the custom query field.

Kind regards

Steffen

Labels