Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Twitter Search Tool - no longer in Gallery?

nabil-mcgill
5 - Atom

Good day,

I had to reinstall my version of Alteryx and lost the Twitter Search Tool. Documentation points to the Gallery.

This tool is not automatically installed with Alteryx Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery

Unfortunately, in the Gallery, I no longer find the Tool. Where could I find it?

Twitter Search Tool.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm running 2018.3.4 and the Twitter Search tool is available as a deprecated tool. To find this tool in Alteryx, Right click on your tool bar and select the options to "Show Deprecated Tools" and look in the Connectors category when that action is finished.

Twitter_Deprecated.png

Otherwise, the Twitter Search tool is a macro in the installation files and I've attached the macro to this post. 

nabil-mcgill
5 - Atom

Thank you so much Charlie... Finding the Deprecated Tools was cool. Appreciate your help.

Nabil

SonaliBabar
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.

aristiguieta
8 - Asteroid

Charlie, thanks for the advise.

I do regret to let you know that although I can see the deprecated tool and drag it to the canvas; when I try to run it, it errors out reading: Error: Twitter Search (1): The Twitter Search tool is deprecated - please download the latest version from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery. I'm using 2019.1 

Also, I tried running your macro, but it gave a similar error. Do you have an update on how to get Alteryx to get along with twitter?

Thanks!

Francisco

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

That message and error is forced in there by the Message (368) tool. To locate (and disable) this tool, right-click on the Twitter macro, and right click again to "Find Tool..." and navigate to 368 - Message. This will take you to the tool producing that error for you do with with as you will. 

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi Charlie,

I get the following error 

Regards,

Dhanya

Labels