community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Twitter Connector Not Working?

Meteor

Hi all,

I downloaded the newest version of the Twitter Search application, and setup an app at apps.twitter.com using the guides here on the community pages.  I created an app, and got the API keys (consumer and secret).

However, after pasting the keys and application name, the API never returns any results (even for simple keyword searches like "Twitter").

I get the following error: Tool #293: Your search criteria did not match anything at Twitter. Please modify your criteria and try again.

Any idea what's going on here?  Did Twitter change their API's, breaking the connector?

Please let me know what I might be doing wrong here, thanks!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for raising this. We were unaware of the issue and I am starting to diagnose now. I will let you know when I have an update.

Alex Polly

Highlighted
Meteor

Thanks!  Please let me know what you find out and a rough ETA on any published updates to the connector, if applicable.  We're using this for some production loads of social media data.  

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. Can you please let me know when it is fixed. Thank you

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi All, 

Has this issue been fixed? as I am also having this issue.

Hi All,

Please shoot us an email at support@alteryx.com so we can take a look at your issue and troubleshoot. 

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Premium Support Advisor | Alteryx
Asteroid

Was this ever resolved? I am seeing the same issue, and it happens even if I do not specify any terms or locations.

Thank you!

-AD 

Alteryx Twitter.JPG

Meteor

I believe it's a problem with our network altering/stripping the request headers.  This causes the query to fail, although the workflow error details don't really describe this well.

Labels