Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Twitter API - Signature - SHA1

Martin_Bosak
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm trying to develop algorithm for twitter API - for creating signature: https://dev.twitter.com/oauth/overview/creating-signatures

Do we have something for twitter like this, or is there any macro to calculate HMAC-SHA1 other than calling external program?

Thank you

Martin

16 REPLIES 16
DanH

Here's another simple example. It requires packages "digest" and "base64enc".

OriginalAdrian
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much for this!

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to hash a signature in SHA1 for a new API connector I am building

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

I've downloaded and installed the plugins from your v0.4 Omnibus release but get an "You've found a bug" error from the generic tool...  Thoughts?

FreeTrader
5 - Atom

Hi there, 

I think this could be used for Oauth access to Xero. Forgive dumb question (as I'm an Alteryx newbie) but I couldn't work out how to install your DLLs. 

Do you have any install docs? 

Thanks

Phil. 

Tony_B
5 - Atom

Hey Mr Free Trader, did you ever get alteryx to connect to xero? I am trying the same thing but getting stuck creating the signature. Care to swap notes?

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

@Tony_B  , @FreeTrader  did you make any progress on the Xero connection ?  I've thought about it a few times but never put serious effort into it (although it would be very cool to do )

PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid

Yes I did! 

The guys at Continuum have developed a custom OAuth1 connector which has enabled me to complete the process. I've now hooked up Peoplevox, Magento and Xero, all using Alteryx. The cost savings for ecommerce have been amazing! 

Labels