Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to edit row titles the easiest way possible

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Hey all,

New to Alteryx, creating my first workflow right now, and I've been stuck thinking there must be simpler way to do this for the last 30 mins. I have a bunch of totals from my input data and I'm just trying to label the rows individually as their appropriate subtotal names. In the image attached, I am trying to rename the values in the RecordID column as the totals from the formulas on the left. Please let me know if I am not being clear here. Thanks!

BSmithPdubz_0-1596203326603.png

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@BSmithdubz  add a Select tool before your Formula tool and change the field type to a VString with a size of 99.  As it is you're trying to fit those long descriptions into 6 characters, which doesn't work so it just isn't executing the formula.

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

I did this, and am receiving no error codes, but it did not fix the info in the rows. But also, I'm wondering if there's an easier way to edit the cells besides what I have set up here, it seems complicated for what I am trying to accomplish. Thanks.

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

For something like this I like to use Find Replace. It's easier to maintain and update than using multiple formulas or a chain of IF THEN ELSEIF..

I've attached a simple example.

wwatson
12 - Quasar

you could try something like this:

wwatson_0-1596211887798.png

Labels