Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to create a formula in a new spreadsheet containing information from 3 spreadsheets

account_name
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Alteryx but I'm pretty comfortable with Excel - I'm just trying to transition the following: 

I have spreadsheets A (Net Movement), B (Current Year TB) and C (Prior Year TB). I'd like to create a formula in a spreadsheet that pulls specific info from each of the 3 spreadsheets, specifically one cell number.

The formula would be: Prior Year TB [Row: 1, Column: Balance] + Net Movement [Row: 1, Column: Net Movement] = Current Year TB [Row: 1 Column: Balance] 

The response to the equation should be True / False. If False, then I would investigate the differences.

Thanks in advance!

account_name_0-1602268402871.png

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @account_name,

as I don't have your data, please use the join tool. There is an option called join by record position. 

This option is useful when the two tables have the same field structure. The data will be joined by its position within the two tables.

Afterwards, you can create a formula that you have mentioned in your post. 

account_name
5 - Atom

Hi @Emil_Kos, I'll give it a try - will let you know. Thanks!

Labels