Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to combine to Excel reports

GregS1978
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am new to Alteryx, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I am trying to combine two Excel reports that have some commonalities. The catch is Report 1 has customer equipment information w/ accurate date & times. Report 2 has customer labor information w/ place holder date and times.

Report 1 also contains other columns of information, not originally in Report 2, but I added through formulas, when blending the two reports these columns come up as null.

I am trying to figure out a way to blend these reports so the equipment and labor for a given customer order together through a pivot.

I hope I am explaining that correctly. I have attached three .xlsx documents for reference.

Report 1 - Equipment w/ true dates and time

Report 2 - Labor w/ place holder information

Report 3 - Expected outcome.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
pcatterson
11 - Bolide

This seems like a join then union situation.  I've attached a workflow so you can follow the steps.

GregS1978
7 - Meteor

Thank you for taking the time to look at this with me!

In the workflow you attached the dates & yimes from report 2, the labor report, are coming in along w/ the PROD ID and Labor Description. What I am hoping to accomplish is bringing in the order #, order description, labor ID, and labor description in from Report 2, and have the rest of the information associated w/ that order # populated from report 1.

pcatterson
11 - Bolide

You change the data groups in the summarize tools to add the fields you want sourced from Report 1 and edit the selected fields from the inner join check boxes.

GregS1978
7 - Meteor

I see now...thats great! Thank you for your help!

Labels