Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to combine to Excel reports

GregS1978
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am new to Alteryx, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I am trying to combine two Excel reports that have some commonalities. The catch is Report 1 has customer equipment information w/ accurate date & times. Report 2 has customer labor information w/ place holder date and times.

Report 1 also contains other columns of information, not originally in Report 2, but I added through formulas, when blending the two reports these columns come up as null.

I am trying to figure out a way to blend these reports so the equipment and labor for a given customer order together through a pivot.

I hope I am explaining that correctly. I have attached three .xlsx documents for reference.

Report 1 - Equipment w/ true dates and time

Report 2 - Labor w/ place holder information

Report 3 - Expected outcome.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
pcatterson
11 - Bolide

This seems like a join then union situation.  I've attached a workflow so you can follow the steps.

GregS1978
7 - Meteor

Thank you for taking the time to look at this with me!

In the workflow you attached the dates & yimes from report 2, the labor report, are coming in along w/ the PROD ID and Labor Description. What I am hoping to accomplish is bringing in the order #, order description, labor ID, and labor description in from Report 2, and have the rest of the information associated w/ that order # populated from report 1.

pcatterson
11 - Bolide

You change the data groups in the summarize tools to add the fields you want sourced from Report 1 and edit the selected fields from the inner join check boxes.

GregS1978
7 - Meteor

I see now...thats great! Thank you for your help!

Labels