Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trying to achieve the equivalent to a group_concat() in SQL ... help !

7 - Meteor

Hi !  I'm relatively new to Alteryx, but starting to get the feel how to think in an "Alteryd" way.  However, I'm struggling to wrap my head around the way to approach this one thing I can easily conceptualise in SQL and have not had much luck looking for leads on the site.  If anyone can point me to the right direction, I would appreciate.  Have attached a pictorial that illustrates what I'm starting with and what I want to accomplish.

In SQL, I would say that I'm trying to do the equivalent of a select statement that uses a group_concat() function in the select portion of the statement.  Can't for the life of me think of how to achieve this in Alteryx.  Help !

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I've attached a packaged workflow that shows a really quick example of this.  I'm using a dataset posted by a different community user, so I forced a number to be a string for this exercise.

Basically, the Summarize tool will allow you to specify a GROUP BY on certain fields, as well as a concatenation of others.

Hope this helps!

7 - Meteor

Claje,

Thanks !  This explained exactly what I needed to know.  Using your insight, I expanded on it and was able to address a few details, which I've captured in the attached workflow, in case it may be of use to someone else.

Best regards !

Labels