Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trustpilot API OAuth2 flow error

Laura_Hickey
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all. This is my first post on here but I have been tearing my hair out trying to get an API to work in Alteryx and I'm really hoping someone can help!

I'm trying to set up an API which post invite data to TrustPilot but I'm falling at the first hurdle of the authentication, getting the access token.

https://documentation-apidocumentation.trustpilot.com/authentication

It's an OAuth2 flow and I'm trying to use the password Grant Type.

I've attached the flow I've been using but with the API Key, secret and my login details removed. For the authorization I've used API KEY:API SECRET.

When I run it with these details in I keep getting the following error: Client identifier is required.

Laura_Hickey_0-1636580293550.png

I thought the API key and secret would act as the identifiers. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?

3 REPLIES 3
Laura_Hickey
6 - Meteoroid

I managed to get this working. I thought I'd share the workflow (with all credentials removed) in case anyone else had a similar issue.

The error was due to how I had set-up the headers. I added a field called Authorization with the value as the data that needed to be passed over. I then changed the header in the download tool so it selects that field. It then creates the header "Authorization: Basic APIKEY:SECRET".

labradley
6 - Meteoroid

@Laura_Hickey - have you tackled the next stage of pushing the invitations?  I've sent you a message with questions i hope you maybe able to answer.  if not, i'll make a post.

Laura_Hickey
6 - Meteoroid

Yes I've got it up and running. Just replied to your message - hopefully it helps!

Labels