Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Truncated Text Fields Cause Invalid Property Error in MS Access

abragg0103
7 - Meteor

I know this may end up being an Access question but I thought I'd start here since it only happens when I use Alteryx to create the file.

So I have an odd issue. I ingest a very large file into Alteryx and select just a few columns to export into an Excel document. This excel document is used by a few Access databases for various processes. However, some of the text fields I have have character limits of 500 in the original system. When I ingest into Alteryx, I get the truncated conversion error because the default field size on the import is 254.Large Text fields truncatedLarge Text fields truncated

So, to avoid the truncation, I changed the import character limit to 500. This fixes that issue. However, doing so causes this error whenever I try to run a query on the excel output file in Access:Access errorAccess error

Even if I set it back to 254 and truncate the text fields, I still get the above Access error. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Note: my files and workflow contain confidential data so I cannot upload them.

1 REPLY 1
abragg0103
7 - Meteor

I figured it out myself. Turns out that Access is just dumb and it's not an Alteryx thing.

Labels