Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trouble with Dynamic Rename Tool

thd-data-analyst
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am having some trouble with the Dynamic rename tool. I am using the  Dynamic Rename tool and using the Take Field Names from the Right Input Rows option. When ever I do that and select two different column names and click out of tool, the tool always reverts back to showing the same field names for old and new columns.

I have a screen shot attached. I am unable to attach a video that shows this behaviour.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Regards,

Sundar

4 REPLIES 4
pankajk
10 - Fireball

you have to transpose the Right input data and then connect. If you share workflow I can show you how. There needs to the rows for all the 'columns' you want to have headers for.

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/DynamicRename.htm

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @thd-data-analyst, I have made an attempt to help demonstrate the setup required in using the Dynamic Rename tool's 'Take Field Names from Right Input Rows' rename mode. This might help you debug the behaviour you are running into. 

AbhilashR_0-1592860588647.png

thd-data-analyst
7 - Meteor

Thank you @AbhilashR This is helpful. It helped me understand how to use this tool properly.

thd-data-analyst
7 - Meteor

Thank you pankajk I am unable to share my workflow, but your comment helped me understand the tool better. Thank you.

Labels