Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trouble parsing API

justinirizarry
7 - Meteor

Hi community:

I am having trouble correcting parsing out JSON information from the APIs in the attached workflow. I structured the workflow as you can see but I'm ending up with mismatched data in columns.

For example, Lead ID 9629609 is not displaying the right information. The right information for this Lead ID is shown in the attached image (this information is coming from the raw API call).

I believe the problem is that I am cleaning the field titles in the API to remove the numbers and punctuation; but I can't seem to find a better way of getting the raw data structured appropriately. 

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

Yes you are right stripping out the ID is causing an issue as it using the tile tool to try and understand which records are in which lead.

Your JSON response contains some data which is not alligned to specific leads so we can ignore this.

The best way to go about this is to parse out the ID and the true header name using a simple regex statement. You can then cross-tab your data accordingly. 

I have performed this transformation on one of your streams as an example, I will leave it to you to replicate with the other streams.

justinirizarry
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

GIS_User01
7 - Meteor

Great solution!  I am working with something very similar now and this helped tremendously!  My question is, why do you have the Union tool in your workflow before the Select tool?  Is that Union doing something?  Thanks in advance!

Labels