Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trouble getting rid of unwanted row

VanG
6 - Meteoroid

This is what my input originally looked like. 

Charge 
Gasoline $21.12 Oil 18.98 
Charge 
Oil 18.98 Coolant $11.63 

This is what I got it to look like now

Charge 
Gasoline $21.12 
Oil 18.98 
Gasoline $21.12 Oil 18.98 
Charge 
Oil 18.98 
Coolant $11.63 
Oil 18.98 Coolant $11.63 

I was able to separate the charges, i.e gasoline and oil, to be on separate rows but the original is still there. I used ReGex tool to tokenize and in the expression I just had [Alpha]+\s.\d+.\d{2} to grab the word and charge amount. This got rid of everything else though so than I used a Union tool to join the original and new table. Now I need to get rid of the old row that has both charges in one cell. (i.e Gasoline $21.12 Oil 18.98)

This is what I would like the final output to look like. 

LabourLabour Charge
Gasoline21.12
Oil18.98
Oil18.98
Coolant11.63

I know how to split the labour from its charge by using money sign/space as delimiter. My problem right now is how to get rid of the old cell containing both labour charges. I tried using a multirow formula and using if row-1 contains what is in current row than null current row, but i am getting mal-informed if statement error.  Thank you any help would be much appreciated 

Best,

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @VanG I mocked up a workflow that produces the output you describe. Let me know what you think?

VanG
6 - Meteoroid

@

Charge 
Oil 34.13 Oil 23.45 
Charge 
Coolant $18.98
Charge 
Oil$12.31

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor