Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Triggering outlook emails from Table field values which are URL's

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Good Day Everyone ! 

The output of my data is a table which has a URL as one of its fields, as listed in the image below. My requirement if to click the URL and trigger an outlook email in the below format (image 2)

Is there any Alteryx functionality that can help me explore this ??

Upload Invoice feedback Difference Ask Supplier 
Click here Click here Click here Click here 

The outlook email that needs to be triggered upon clicking the URL above is in this format

AbhijeetChib_0-1655824073764.png

Can this be done using Alteryx ?

Regards 

4 REPLIES 4
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @AbhijeetChib  - the ideal solution for this would be to use Alteryx Server, and via a Gallery application, present the output to the user (I would recommend rendering pcxml) - and then they can simply click the link and their email client would open. I would recommend looking into that as an option for your organization. In the meantime, within Designer itself, you can render a report (the attached shows PDF and also pcxml) and the example shown allows you to pop open an email client via a mailto: tag. 

Take a look at the example provided, hopefully it will get you started on how to get this built within your organization.

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Wonderful.

@BrianR works perfectly from the server. Awesome, thank you.

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrianR 

the email is triggering alright from the server. I am trying to add a custom message in the email that pops up, lets just say the message to be "HELLO"

Do I add it in the Link field ?

AbhijeetChib_0-1656005968958.png

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @AbhijeetChib , you can get creative with what that link does, including putting a subject as well as a body of the email...here's an example:

'<a href="mailto:'+
[email]+
'?subject=Hello&body=Hello">Click here to upload a missing invoice</a>'

Expanding this a bit further, just as we created a field for [email], we could create fields for the subject and body of the email as well. There's a number of websites that offer helpful hints with the mailto: tag, one that I have used before is https://www.w3docs.com/snippets/html/how-to-create-mailto-links.html

Labels