community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Trigger a Workflow

Meteor

I am fairly new to alteryx and trying to figure out a best practice to trigger a Workflow. I would like to configure a workflow to run automaticly when a job /event is completed on other application ( K2).

thanks

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello dmckee,

You might find this article useful, it gives you a few options to trigger workflows depending on your needs!

Meteor

Thanks for the reply, The article is talking about triggering chain workflow in Alteryx, but would it also work if I have a action/workflow in third party app? 

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If you're in Alteryx and you want to trigger a third-party application, you can use the Run Command tool if your third-party app has a command line.

If you're in a third-party application, you can trigger a pre-existing Alteryx workflow using the AlteryxEngineCmd.exe command-line app (usually in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin)

Meteor

Thanks

Meteoroid

If you're using alteryx server, you can check out the post I just wrote: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Connect-Gallery/Event-Driven-Workflow-Triggers-for-Alteryx...

It uses an iterative macro to keep checking for a condition.  the way it's built now it checks for a file, but you could check the state of a db too.

Labels