Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose with comma as separator

Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am working on a file where I have a list of references starting from A2 in a table and I need them to transpose horizontally and use a comma as a separator. I am new to Alteryx and not sure how to proceed.

I have attached my current data , my desired output and my current workflow.

Thanks in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , you might not be able to transpose data after using basic table tool as it displays you result as a table and also the output you desire is an output for crosstab tool. Here is a mockup workflow for your understanding,I hope it helps.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594615442328.png

Sapna Gupta
Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Grazitti,

This worked for me. Thanks!

But how do I output this to a specific sheet of excel? Attached is a screenshot of my workflow. When I run this, I get a blank sheet under "Formula" worksheet.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , can you show me the configuration of your output tool? 

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

@grazitti_sapna wrote:

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , can you show me the configuration of your output tool? 

Thanks.

Hello! Please see attached. I may be missing some functions as we are still using Alteryx 2018. 😐

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , the configuration looks fine.Please have a look at my configuration.

Please check if that specific part of your workflow is outputting any data or not after the cross tab tool.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594717855753.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels