Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose with comma as separator

Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am working on a file where I have a list of references starting from A2 in a table and I need them to transpose horizontally and use a comma as a separator. I am new to Alteryx and not sure how to proceed.

I have attached my current data , my desired output and my current workflow.

Thanks in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , you might not be able to transpose data after using basic table tool as it displays you result as a table and also the output you desire is an output for crosstab tool. Here is a mockup workflow for your understanding,I hope it helps.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594615442328.png

Sapna Gupta
Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Grazitti,

This worked for me. Thanks!

But how do I output this to a specific sheet of excel? Attached is a screenshot of my workflow. When I run this, I get a blank sheet under "Formula" worksheet.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , can you show me the configuration of your output tool? 

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

@grazitti_sapna wrote:

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , can you show me the configuration of your output tool? 

Thanks.

Hello! Please see attached. I may be missing some functions as we are still using Alteryx 2018. 😐

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Jhayeanne012 , the configuration looks fine.Please have a look at my configuration.

Please check if that specific part of your workflow is outputting any data or not after the cross tab tool.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594717855753.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels