Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose selection in Interface/App

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Hi There,

Need a help to get an dynamic select in interface app by using list.

The file include 10 paycodes and I need the user to select this in interface list.

Is there any possiblity

5 REPLIES 5
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Can you help clarify this a little?

Are you looking for the user to pick one of ten paycodes from the file they are loading (where the paycodes may change file to file)?

Or

Are you looking for the user to pick one of ten paycodes from a set list that you already have available, which is separate from the user-loaded file?

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Pulsar.

The first one is exactly am looking for.

Attached the work flow png file.Sample.PNG

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Raj_2,

You are headed in the right direction. The issue will be with how Alteryx is setup, the only way to currently dynamically update an interface (selection list) would be to use HTML 5 to build the tool. An example of the HTML 5 tool would be the Simulation Sampling in the Prescriptive tool set. 

Otherwise the workflow needs to be run before it will generate the proper list. The second option works well if it is the same list over and over with some minor updates. The list can then either be stored in a DB or flat file which would be your list source (keep in mind this list would be visible to anyone using the tool). 

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Raj_2,

This is a great video from the Alteryx Academy showing how to chain Analytic Apps. This does require a run but it offers update the interface with the second app, which would be column selection from the file. The key would be ensuring only one person is using it at a time or the app is stored locally and not on a Gallery. Alteryx Academy-Chained Analytic Apps

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, this will help me. Incase if I am stuck will come back. Thank you again

Labels