Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose like Excel - Having Trouble

mifrahm
8 - Asteroid

Hi! I am looking to make an app out of "What I copy" sheet every month to look like "What I want" sheet. I am unsure of how to make it work so that the format looks the same and if I were to let the app pick the file for next month to not result in any error. Attaching the relevant excel sheet and where I have gotten so far with the workflow. Can someone please help?

Thanks!!!

6 REPLIES 6
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@mifrahm,

I don't think is a matter of transpose only.

I have done the workflow for two types I'll let you complete the third

messi007_0-1607958580956.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope that helps!

Regards,

mifrahm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @messi007 - thank you so much. This brings me much closer to the "end result" that I wouldn't have guessed on my own otherwise. I still noticed a few missing columns. 

The pink container is what I want. 

The browse tool from the workflow you created (with the addition I added) has only one value column. 

I made a few tweaks to the pink container for clarity. Does it make sense? 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@mifrahm,

Please see below:

messi007_0-1607975851599.png

Hope that helps 🙂

Attached the workflow

Regards

mifrahm
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for responding so quickly! I am going to wrap my head around some of the new changes and let you know. On a quick glance, its headed in the direction I wanted.

Much appreciated! @messi007 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@mifrahm,

Happy to help 🙂

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct. It will help others 🙂

Best Regards,

mifrahm
8 - Asteroid

This ended up working out. Thank you so much!!!!!

Labels