Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose different tables of a file

caneerajdwivedi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I get a file in a specific format. Where First table "Customer master data" contains master data and another table "Directors/Signatory Details" contains their director names (refer to sample 1 and sample 2). There might be another table but I want to ignore that. I want to convert these files in a format as specified under output.xlsx. Please help me out.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@caneerajdwivedi 
It is not that pretty.

0408-caneerajdwivedi.PNG0408-caneerajdwivedi-1.PNG

caneerajdwivedi
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much. It works pretty well. Just one thing.. i've thousands of these files. Can we make input directory-based, like alteryx will read and convert all files in a specific directory?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@caneerajdwivedi 
I was thinking there might more files, but you said you are going to ignore, so I guess I misunderstood.

In such case, a batch macro will be in place.

Allow me some more time and get back to you with that macro.

Note that the data schema of input file should stay same in order for this flow to work.

caneerajdwivedi
6 - Meteoroid

I meant to explain that i want to use two tables (Customer master & Directors details) of all files files and ignore other tables like "Charges" etc.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@caneerajdwivedi 

This is the one I prepared.

0408-caneerajdwivedi-2.PNG

caneerajdwivedi
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your excellent work. 😄 It really saved me a lot of time.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@caneerajdwivedi 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark. 😁

Labels