Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose Tool Problem/Example

ries9112
7 - Meteor

Hello!

Although I have been using Alteryx for a number of years now, I have always been pretty confused by the transpose tool. I have looked through tutorials, but I always find myself incredibly confused by the dataset in front of me and what issue the tool is fixing in the first place for that data. I made my own example and left the transpose tool not configured and if someone could look at the desired output and configure the tool, I think it would give me a really awesome example to reference whenever I need to use a transpose tool. I attached the workflow and it should be pretty self-explanatory. As far as the data goes, each pair corresponds to a number ("Technical_0_etc.." corresponds to BTC/USD, "Technical_1_etc.." corresponds to ETH/USD and so on) and is the "primary-key" of the dataset, while the 16 other ones contain the data itself. In the "current_format.yxdb" data, the data is displayed on a single row, while the "desired_format.yxdb" shows the way the table should actually look.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ricky

2 REPLIES 2
Inactive User
Not applicable

Attached.

ries9112
7 - Meteor

Worked amazing, thank you!

Labels