Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose Data

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone, I am looking to transpose the attached INPUT file into the attached OUTPUT file.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  

THANK YOU! 

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Rwade 

From what I could see in the data, it looks like you want Deposit 1 and 2 as your amount columns. With that assumption I prepared the attached that should give you some sense of how to do this.

Luke_C_0-1623283729457.png

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Hello Luke_C

I very much appreciate the solution, I can now follow the logic to add to my Alteryx skill set.  

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone, so I have the solution from Luke C but now I am faced with a new hurdle. 

There will be a new input file for each day of the month so on the input toll I am using the asterisk (*) to input all files for the month.  However, with the solution above, the date 06/07/21 is being joined up with all the data instead of the data it actually belongs. 

Would anyone maybe have any ideas?

Thank You! 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Rwade, does the file name have the date in it? If so in the input tool choose to load the filename as a field and parse the date out, otherwise a batch macro might be in order, or maybe something with a multi-row formula tool. 

Rwade
7 - Meteor

Thanks Again @Luke_C 

Labels