Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

General Discussions has some can't miss conversations going on right now! From conversations about automation to sharing your favorite Alteryx memes, there's something for everyone. Make it part of your community routine!

Translating Alteryx to Informatica

kpmg_lc_analyst
7 - Meteor

I have a number of workflows that I need to convert to Informatica mappings. The problem is that I don't know much about Informatica. Is there any documentation out there that shows the differences between Informatica and Alteryx and how the different tools (Join, Filter, Formula, etc.) work in Informatica? 

Thanks.

SeanAdams
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @kpmg_lc_analyst - not sure if there would be any info created by Alteryx on how to translate to Informatica; given that in many realms Informatica is their competitor.

There may be something published by Informatica, but I'm not sure if they'd publish this either.

Only thing I can think of is to open up the Alteryx flows in XML version, and do a simple Informatica flow with the came functionality and open that up in XML and that will allow you to begin to see if a translation is even possible (given the huge difference in the way that Alteryx and Informatica work, I'm not sure if there is a direct translation possible)

Labels