Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transforming SurveyMonkey Likert Questions

YeahMan
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have the results of a SurveyMonkey survey that contains a few different kinds of Likert scale questions. What I am trying to do is transform/pivot the data so that the Likert scale becomes the columns, the selections are counted and grouped by value and the question becomes the row. E.g.

There is sufficient access to computers
Agree
Strongly disagree
Strongly agree
Agree
Neither agree nor disagree
Strongly agree
Neither agree nor disagree
Strongly agree
Disagree

Becomes:

QuestionStrongly DisagreeDisagreeNeither agree nor disagreeAgreeStrongly Agree
There is sufficient access to computers1035129215

I feel this shouldn't be that hard, but I'm not having a great deal of success. I've tried many variations of summarizing, transposing, and cross-tabbing but can't seem to get what I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

2020-02-26_11-13-53.pngHow about this? The field names need a little cleanup but I think this is what you're looking for.

YeahMan
8 - Asteroid

Dang dude, that is a thing of beauty! I am sufficiently embarrassed at how quickly you replied with a solution. Thank you very much.

Labels