Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transforming Data

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

Hi!

I have a data set that I am trying to transform.

In the attached example file, the first three columns will always be the first three columns going forward and will not change. However, the preceding columns could change/more added/names updated/deleted etc as the source may see additional fields added going forward whenever we go through an update.

Ideally, I want all columns after the first three to be summarized into a new column labeled L and S and then added back to the first three accordingly as shown in the Results tab in the file. 

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ZoeM,

Here is one way to do this:

IraWatt_0-1660676119375.png

The crosstab puts all the data into one column to filter on then the select just renames the columns.

This solution uses the transpose Tool which can be hard to understand to new users. I would recommend checking out the community Getting-Started-Learning-Path for some context on how they work: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

Excellent! It was as simple as that 😋

Labels