Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transform the headers to The required Format

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I want to transform my Headers Input to the Desired Header format. 

Basically need to replace the "_" from the headers except for few of them which has the same header name only a no 2 is added after it with "_". 

example : Turlock 0621_2. Apart from this types rest all "_" needs to be removed. The sample Data with headers are attached below. Can someone help me out in this. 

6 REPLIES 6
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

hello @DataPirate26 

See solution attached!

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@gautiergodard You missed out one point which I mentioned. That there are few exceptions in which I need the underscores. Example Turlock 0621_2. There are 3 4 cases in which a no 2 is added at the last. In those cases I need to keep the underscores. Can you check the desired headers Sample once. 

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@gautiergodard When the Headers are exact same but only at last the No 2 is added in that case i need to keep the underscore before the number 2. Apart from that all underscores to be removed

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@DataPirate26 here you go!

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@gautiergodard This worked perfectly fine. Thanx a lot for your quick response. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@DataPirate26 One way of doing this 

IIF(EndsWith([_CurrentField_], '_2'),Replace(REGEX_Replace([_CurrentField_], '(.*)(_.*)', '$1'),'_','-')+'_2',Replace([_CurrentField_],'_','-'))

binuacs_0-1666332575984.png

Labels