Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transform Tool - Columns to Rows

AmAm
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

So I have a set of data that is vertically and I want to shift it to become horizontally. But I don't know how. Can someone show me how it is done? 

Thank you in advance,,

Before,

AmAm_0-1651170945884.png

After,

AmAm_1-1651170972957.png

6 REPLIES 6
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AmAm,

This could probably be made into a macro but this is the easies say I found of achieving this: 

IraWatt_0-1651172033613.png

fharper
12 - Quasar

Here is an alternative that takes advantage of Cross Tab and Field Sort and Dynamic Rename....Almost always more than one way to solve a problem.

I apologize that I could not upload the flow, there seems to be some issue today doing that, maybe a new security policy here...

fharper_0-1651183330440.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

ah nice @fharper, couldn't figure out how to do that with the cross tab! Much better solution by the looks of it :D

fharper
12 - Quasar

@AmAm , I think the solution @IraWatt provided or my own would be good solutions but I see you have not flagged either.  it is helpful to all if you would mark someone's contribution as a solution if it satisfies your needs and if not maybe provide more context so someone can help you further.  Everyone searches the community for solutions at times and many seek to help provide solutions and that only works when the original thread owner identifies a response as a solution.  

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @AmAm 

There is another dynamic solution for the case.

录制_2022_06_22_11_07_44_700.gif

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @AmAm, another solution to the problem. I hope this helps!

grazitti_sapna_0-1655888054464.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels