Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transform Issue

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone-

I am trying to transpose the following table (table on the left) using the cross tab and have no success so far, basically  i am trying to have the punch-in time's on a horizontal row instead of vertical column so that we can see multiple punch-in's and punch-out's by employee and by day(table on the right is the desired output) .

I have tried couple ways which were suggested in previous blogs in one of which i converted the time (double format) to string and then using a summary tool did a concat of the consecutive strings - issue with that is i couldn't get the time sorted properly by punch in and punch out.

Below is the snippet of the issue- left is the input and right is what is desired. would also like to see hours worked before and after taking breaks ,example for employee 1 on right hand side tableThank you very much.

Transform.PNG

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
how about using a multi row formula to add a count field for each employee date group. Row-1:count+1

Now filter for count = 1

Join the T & F outputs back on ID & Date and remove the duplicate fields.

This should get you over your hurdle.

Cheers,
Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels