Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transform Data to Skip if Present in Follow Row

dquezada002
5 - Atom

I am trying to format my data in a way that will make it easier to be processed by an organizational chart tool. I have built a workflow that extracts information on each employee by their ID number and maps the individual to the next employee in the reporting chain until the highest individual in the reporting chain is presented. This data currently flows left to right, highest ranking employee to lowest ranking employee (Example 1 below and Sheet1 of the attached file). Currently, the data is repeated in every row where the reporting chain is repeated or similar. I would like the data to present each reporting chain once, with the highest ranking individual occupying one row, and the next individual occupying the following row with all reporting employees to be included in each following row (Example 2 below and Sheet2 of the attached file). Is there a way to easily do this in Alteryx?

Example 1:

CFODirectorStaff 1
CFODirectorStaff 2
CFOManagerStaff 3
CFOManagerStaff 4

Example 2:

CFO  
 Director 

Staff 1

Staff 2
 Manager 
  Staff 3
  Staff 4
2 REPLIES 2
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @dquezada002 ,

You might find this community post very helpful.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Break-Hierarchy-into-multiple-levels/m...

In particular, Joe Mako's solutions might serve you well.

You'd need to tweak the data a bit to apply them (creating the parent-child columns)

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the solution.  Hope this is helpful 

Transform Data to Skip if Present in Follow Row -workflow.PNG

Labels