Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transferring a License to a new user

bp295406
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have two licenses - 1 available. I revoked the second license from a machine to make it available. 

Through the portal, how do I allocate this license to a new machine/user? I am the administrator but do not see how I can add a user. I have had the new user download Alteryx designer and enter the license key but they are not able to install. 

The options I have in the header. 

Licenses - View Licenses

When I click show 1 available of 2 seats. No options here to modify anything.

Machines - Administer Machines

I show two users here - I clicked on the machine name and revoked the license which made the 1 seat available above. Where do I create a new machine? No option here

Accounts & Users - View/Edit users

I am an admin but I can only delete not add? No option here to create user.

Who do I need to contact or request access from to get a new user added? 

Thanks,

Branden

1 REPLY 1
FloraF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Branden, 

Are the 2 licenses you are referring to in Alteryx designer?

If you had both licenses activated and you want to deactivate one of them and then reassign to another person, you will have to click on Options --> Manage Licenses

- Click on the wrench icon and you will be able to assign the license. 

Here is a link to our "Help and Documentation" on Licensing: https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/activate-designer

**If this solves the issue, please click on the like below and mark as solved" thank you!

FloraF_0-1651605343122.png

Labels