Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trade Area tool - Dataset issue for calculating Drivetime

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

Hello Peers,

Ref @ChristineB https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/What-Drives-Drivetimes/ta-p/17930

I would like to know how can we upload a data set in Trade Area tool to calculate Drivetime Minutes? All I see is "No valid datasets found". My current version of designer is 2018.1.4.44311. Here's where all I have explored:

1. Distance Tool - Output Drivetime & Distance to Destination Control ---- No valid datasets found.

2. Trade Area Tool - Drivetime Minutes ---- No valid datasets found.

3. Options ---> User Settings ---> Dataset Defaults tab ---> Drivetime dropdown ---> None.

Also, I have noticed that Non Overlap Drivetime tool isn't available in this version anymore. Am I missing something? Please advise.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@timewaste, You will need to purchase the Alteryx Spatial Data Sets in order to use these features. Please reach out to your Sales Rep for more information.

alteryx-data-sets

DanM

Erin
9 - Comet

I do not have the dataset to do drivetime minutes at my company, so had to create my own challenge here. Hope that's alright. 

Spoiler
Instead of drivetime minutes, I used the 3 offices to create a polygon and calculated that polygon's centroid. Then I used the Trade Area tool to calculate a 3 mile radius from the centroid of that polygon, and calc'd the square miles of that radius - which happens to be close to the square miles in the given output file for drivetime minutes. 

All in all, good experience for me with spatial object tools I rarely use. 

BronzeFox_0-1631716623152.png

Labels