Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Trade Area Polygon Split / Arcs

Komarev_TMNA
6 - Meteoroid

I'm trying to get a trade area into equal arcs to form a complete 360 degree circle.  Unfortunately this is pretty much what I end up with.  I can get almost all the sections to properly overlap, but the problem remains at degree "0".  Attached is a workflow, any help would be appreciated.

Komarev_TMNA_0-1580735082380.png

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Komarev_TMNA 

Are you trying to remove the spaces between the wedges, or are you trying to rotate the final image so that each wedge is an equal distance from the North line?

Dan

Komarev_TMNA
6 - Meteoroid

Trying to remove the gaps.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Komarev_TMNA 

You were close.  Here's how I did it.  

w.png

This is connected to the output of the Split Trade Area tool.  The Split produces an extra point that needs to be removed.  If not, then segment 3 (after rotating) has 2 points that are identical causing it to be smaller that the rest.  I determine the sequence using Mod([Split_SequenceNum],10) in the Multirow formula.  Then, along the bottom branch, take the first record of each group and modify the sequence and seq_num to make it the second last record of the preceding group, wrapping around so that 1 gets added to 10.  Add the center point to each sequence.  Union all, sort, Poly-Build and display.

r.png

BTW:  Does TMNA stand for Teenage Mutant Ninja Analysts?  If not, it should.

Dan 

Komarev_TMNA
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!  After staring at it for hours, I needed some extra eyes to help me get a solution.  Lol at TMNA, it's actually Toyota Motor North America.

Labels