community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
SOLVED

Tour and Default Settings on Start Up

Thanks all for your input on this - the issue is tied to the license not being activated properly (while this can be due to a number of reasons, the solution is simpler):

1. From Designer, go to Options > Manage Licenses and click the Cog on the top right to select View Partner Data License Manager

2. Confirm that your email address is showing in the top right box Machine Serial Number. If it is not, click Edit and enter your serial number

That should be it! If you run into issues with your license after making this change you may need to reactivate. If you run into any issues during this process, please reach out to our fulfillment team at fulfillment@alteryx.com

Sophia Fraticelli
Customer Support Engineer
Meteoroid

I had this same issue and all I did to fix it is deactivate my license and reactivate it. Worked like a champ!

Hi all - just a heads up this was fixed in the latest stable release 2019.2.7.63499 which is now available at www.licenses.alteryx.com

Sophia Fraticelli
Customer Support Engineer
Meteoroid

Additional comments to streamline the process.

I would like to add that "machine serial number" = email address.

Do not mind if Alteryx is "locked".

You need to restart Alteryx before it works again.

/Tjabo

Meteoroid

Just a note that I recently got a new computer and installed 2019.2.7.63499. This was still an issue for me, so it may not be solved for all cases. 

Highlighted

Same here.  I am still seeing this issue with new users.  Fulfillment needs to resolve this issue asap.

Labels