Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Total by each group of rows

new_user
7 - Meteor

Is it possible to group data by multiple columns, and then adding 'two-level' Total rows on each group? 

Example for it is attached.

There is count on each row (easy to add), and at the end of each group should be two rows- Total by Field1 and Total by Field2

12 REPLIES 12
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Ah yeah @new_user feel free to bring all of your questions here! We try to keep this community approachable so bring your nastiest data questions over and there is a good chance someone around here will know what's up!

@patrick_digan I was having the same problem, originally I thought it was that I didn't have 11.3 (I do now) but that seems to not be the case. I am interested to see how you did it.

Treyson

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@new_user Yeah it worked on my end. You'll just want to save the 2 attached files to the same directory. I used the same csv that @Treyson created.

new_user
7 - Meteor

I can open it know and it works :)

Labels