Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tools Not Installing with Latest Release of Alteryx Designer

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

I have encountered an issue with the download and install of latest version of Designer (2021.2).  For some reason, it appears that not all of the predictive tools install correctly.  Several tools appear to be missing under the Text Mining tab.  

I went back to the previous version of Alteryx and did not have the same issue.  Also, it appears, on my computer at least, the latest version of Alteryx tends to install much faster, but maybe it is because it is not installing everything properly?

Has anyone has had this issue and does anyone know if a fix has been put out for it yet?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mkeiffer ,

You need to download them from the same place as the Designer download:

mceleavey_0-1621867079620.png

M.

Bulien

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I did download them from both locations but that did not seem to work.  Looks like it was the same version for both Designer and the Predictive Tools.

Mike

PaulTa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @mkeiffer , 

Some tools from the Text Mining where migrated to the new "Computer vision" category, for Instance the PDF input has been renamed because we are have increased the number of format  (JPEG, BMP and PDF) : 

PaulTa_0-1621867265466.png

Hope this clarify!

Paul T.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes, that's correct.

It needs to be the same version.

Why didn't it work?

M.

Bulien

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Hi Paul T,

This is very helpful!  Can you do me a favor and show me the screenshot for where the PDF Input tool is in the new version?  This was one that I found missing as well.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Hmmm, I am not sure.  I can try to reinstall it again.

Are you using the latest version of Designer, and did you experience any issues with it?

Mike

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mkeiffer ,

yes I'm on the latest version and had no problems.

Try it again from that download location and see how you get on.

M.

Bulien

PaulTa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So the PDF input was replaced by Image input in the Computer vision category and you will need to install the Alteryx Intelligence suite in order to use those tools (and a license) : 

They have their own tab in the Home menu : 

PaulTa_0-1621868056083.png

Paul T.

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, Paul!

That is good to know.  Thanks so much for the update.  So, it sounds like you have not had any issues either with the new release?

Mike

Labels