Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool that does the opposite of Join.

Songbird
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a tool that can analyze a database and identify repeated combinations of information in fields that could be extracted to create a separate lookup table or tables. In the interactive lesson on the Join tool, you join the tree database with the lookup table populated with burrough information. What I'm wondering is if a tool exists that could take the output of that join and break it up into the data streams that were joined, or even to find more comprehensive relationships that could lead to a more compact database with additional lookup tables.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Songbird 

check out the Fuzzy Match tool. It is quite advanced, but powerful to find more comprehensive relationships/joins.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Fuzzy-Match/ta-p/45485

Best regards

Phil 

Songbird
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look.

Kind regards\ Vriendelike groete,

Markus Kruger
Songbird
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Phil, thanks again for your reply. I've taken a look at the fuzzy match tool, and I don't quite understand how the tool will link over multi columns to find the correlated blocks.

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Labels