community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

Tool palette not saved on exit

Asteroid

The tool palette in Alteryx Designer doesn't seem to save when I close it. I am having to add the "In-Database" tab every time I open Alteryx.

I know there is an option under 'Options' -> 'User Settings' -> 'Save Layout & Settings on Exit' which I've selected. But the "In-Database" tab doesn't appear when I close and re-open Designer.

Anyone had the same issue and whether they found how to save the tool palette layout?

Thanks

afk

Alteryx Certified Partner

I didn't have the same issue but I may have an idea that may work.

If you go to program files and look and find the pallete configuration file, you may be able to change the status for the 'In-Database' palette from Inactive/False to Active/True.

Good luck with it!

:)

Asteroid

Hi @afv2688, thanks for your suggestion.

I've found the xml file but I can't seem to edit it to change from 'false' to 'true'. Any idea why this is the case and how I can go about it?

Thanks

Maybe you don't have the right permissions. Have you tried to open them as an administrator? Dunno what could be the case otherwise.

Another way would be to copy the content of the file and save it with the same name and format, then change the name of the file (just append .bak) and insert the one created and modified.

Cheers!

Highlighted
I have the same issue and on my installation when I make a change to the palette settings I can see that they are indeed written back to DefaultPalette.xml; so it clearly has the right permission to write the file! BUT when restarting Alteryx it seems to not read the file (or ignore the contents) meaning that I always get the "Getting Started" (default?) palette displayed.
Labels