Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool assignment loop in excel table

jogu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I would like to ask if there is a way to loop in to rows in a table in excel like assigning data ..., below is my scenario.

Assembly Table below has a blank column for tools, there is need to assign tools for the items based on Cat Code.

jogu_1-1635824854180.png

jogu_5-1635824976717.png

jogu_4-1635824960800.png

The desired out is to assign Tools for the Items in the Assembly table. Notice that there are only 3 rows in each Cat tables (above), tools were assigned per row and once all the rows are already assigned the tool will loop to the top and assign the first row in the Cat table.

jogu_6-1635825118242.png

Thank you in advance for helping resolving this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jogu 
Can you update the data file we can try something?

jogu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Qiu please see attached file

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jogu , see if it works

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

jogu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi AZuc,

I encountered an error when I ran the workflow, I am new in Alteryx that is why I don't know what is happening, may I request a walkthrough regarding the flow.

jogu_0-1635867377510.png

thank you

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jogu this error is simple to fix. Check the data types of "Cat Code" in both inputs, I believe 1 of them is numeric and the other is string. Add a Select Tool before the input that has Cat Code as numeric and change data type to V_String

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

jogu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi AZuc,

Thank you, it is now marked as solution.

jogu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi AZuc,

Just want to add one more question, is there a way to know what is the last row assigned in the Cat tables, so that if I will run the tool again for the next batch of Assemblies, it will start on the next row of the last assigned row of tools, not start on the first row.

Thanks again.

Labels