community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Tool Ribbon resets with every new Alteryx instance

Atom

Hi All,

Every time I open a new instance of Alteryx, the tool palette reverts to default meaning I lose my in-database tools, parse tools, etc... I have to manually add these tool segments back. Also, whenever I open Alteryx I am asked to begin the introductory tour (not the learning guide, but the Alteryx tour that leads you through the process of dragging an input data tool into the canvas, etc...).

Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks!

Hi, under options go to user settings and click on edit user settings and unchecked the box for show getting started window at startup. Star all your favourite tools from all palettes and go to options and under user settings click on save layout & settings now. Hopefully this should resolve your issue. Thanks
Atom

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, I'm still having the same two bugs.

@TheWhale I'm a little late here, but I had the same issue yesterday. Alteryx support pointed me to this post, which I was able to modify and fix my issue. I followed steps 1-10 and then just activated my license normally and everything works now. Note for step 3 I deleted all the files in that flexera folder. Although I'm not a partner, I think steps 5-9 resolved my issue by setting my machine's serial number to my email address.

Labels