Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool Mastery | Dynamic | Input Excel only reading first 100 lines

MRioux
7 - Meteor

AlteryxExcelInputProblem.png

Has anyone experienced this problem before: I've connected an Input Tool to an Excel file that has about 900,000 lines but no matter what I do, it only brings in the first 100 lines.

4 REPLIES 4
JeradR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MRioux,

Are you possibly only looking at the data preview from the Input tool which often shows the first 100 records?  Try running the workflow and viewing the Results Window with the output anchor of the Input tool selected.  You may need to connect a Browse tool to the Input tool if you need to view all 900k records.

If this doesn't help, could you attach your workflow or provide a screenshot of the entire canvas?

Jerad Rades

Customer Support Engineer

MRioux
7 - Meteor

Hi Jared, thank you for your reply  I had already tried your suggestions and I am not only looking at the preview pane. I think the file's data is corrupt somehow because I tried bringing in that file with MS Access too and it didn't work either. I think I'll recreate the files as CSV.

MRioux
7 - Meteor

I solved it. I started over in a new workflow and it solved it.

Thacyo2
5 - Atom

I'm not sure if my answer it's gonna help today, but eventually you limited the quantity of your records in the option "Runtime" in the Canvas configuration. See the pic attached:

Labels